Monday, May 15, 2006

Alas poor Mirage I hardly knew ye.

I lasted about 3.5 levels in the Mirage event. I got up to a high water mark of about 37k by sucking out on Brad "Yukon" Booth with the nut flush draw against trips. I then lost about 7k, with the nut flush draw against something that made me fold on the river. The only hand I regret looking back is blowing off 10k to Jeff Shulman with AA postflop. He had reraised me preflop and I just called. He flopped 2-pair but I put in way more chips than I had to.

My bustout hands is one of the weirdest experiences of my poker playing career. I have roughly 17k with the blinds at 200/400 a25. I raise to 1k in MP with QsJs. Patrick Antonius who is a very very good, very tricky player calls in the BB. The flop is 972 with two spades. He checks, I bet 2k, he calls. The turn brings an offsuit low card and now Antonius leads for 4500. I think the hand through, and believe that he is fairly weak here and I move all-in for 14300 total (9800 more). He thinks for a very long time and finally calls. I still dont understand how he makes the call with K2o, but he does, and I miss my 14 outs on the river and have another dissapointing first day exit.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Patrick know you? Does he know your playing style is extremely aggressive? Obviously he a very skilled player, so he must of had some good read on you and he went with it. Also, what was his starting stack to the hand?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Chris Fargis said...

Jesus he called you with K2 no pair? That guy is so sick.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know this guy is good?
He's probably a dog to a random hand here, maybe he's just bad or he saw your cards.

7:38 PM  
Blogger MLG said...

i should probably have mentioned that he had bottom pair (9742 board) although that doesnt change things all that much.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous burningyen said...

Sick.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
As sick a call that was, don't you think you may want to think about how he made it. I gotta believe there is something on your end you could do so that he doesn't make that call. I'm not trying to rag on you, and i know he's a sick player, i'm just trying to help.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home