Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Through the Looking Glass

These poker weeks, are quite the experience. I love going and playing poker, and hanging out with poker friends from across the country, but it really is like entering another world. For 5 days I dove head first into poker and didnt come up for air. While it was a ton of fun, I don't think I could do it if I didnt have another life to come back to. Having a great girlfriend to come back to who's not into poker really helps maintain a sense of balance. The same gos for all my non-poker friends. Im not sure how somebody who doesnt have these things can maintain the right kind of focus on the road when they do go and play. Anyway, different people need different things I guess. So, now Im back in New York, without another poker trip planned for a month or so.

3 Comments:

Blogger Schaefer said...

Awwwww. That's sweet. Jessica is special. I'm 3 sheets to the wind at the moment but i have to ask you about Shea. Are the cheap tickets bad? Can I feel comfortable about buying the $9 Loge Reserved, Back Rows? I'm in NY on May 5th and then again on May 9th. You wanna come to Boston and Cooperstown with me? Send me an email at brandon.schaefer@gmail.com and let me know if you're free that week and what you think aout SShea. I tried to buy Yankees tickets but they're sold out when I'm in town so I;m going to have to scalp. Later.

5:03 AM  
Anonymous SossMan said...

I feel the same way every time I come back from Vegas. I always wonder how people live there. After 3 days I don't feel like playing poker again for weeks. Balance is a good thing. On another note...are you and Gavin going to give a class on how to drop 20 buyins in a 100NL game?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jameson said...

living in vegas is easier than you think. Just don't play live unless someone you want to hang with is visiting. Live in Henderson and you can pretend the strip doesn't exist for weeks at a time.

It's really weird.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home