Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl

I'm taking Seattle. One of the Sports Guy's gambling rules is buck the popular opinion. I haven't heard one expert pick Seattle yet. Ofcourse there's good reason for that. The AFC has been stronger all year, the Seahawks have gotten to the Super Bowl without having been tested, and in a lot of ways Pittsburg is a team of destiny. Here's the thing though, none of that means that Seattle isn't as good as they seem. We just don't know yet. I'm betting (theoretically since I don't actually have moeny on the game) that they are.

For those of you waiting for the conclusion to my Borgata trip report...all the big hands I played were covered on Pokerwire/Cardplayer. To sum up, I made hands at the right time on day 2 to end the day at 375k. I rocketed to 750k on day 3 by beating the Grinder in 3 pots, two where he folded the best hand, one where he called with the worst. Then I doubled Amnon Filipi up in a weird hand with K5o against 43s, and finally Erick Lindgren owned me. JJ v 88, on a TT7 flop, where he called my hand out before calling my bet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Fargis said...

You must not have heard my pick, as I picked Seattle.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Nordberg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

You are SO trying to kiss up to Schaefer, lol

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this article out by the Authors of Freakonomics- it's called Dissecting the Line- about setting a NFL line from yesterdays NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/magazine/05sbgamble_92_94_.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
(i'm not sure if the link works or not- but there's a link on the Freaknonomics website)

RVRMONKEY

11:24 AM  
Blogger MLG said...

anon, thanks. as to my prediction, this is why i dont let myself bet on sports.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home