Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Not too Shabby

In my first backed event I only managed to take 14th place. I think we can all live with that. A trip report may or may not follow. 3 days of poker is a lot to try and sum up. I will say it was a blast, and I got to spend a lot of time at the table with a lot of talented pros (and some not so talented pros) who I hadnt played with before. For the first time in a major event I feel like my confidence matched my ability which is nice. Also I didnt really suck out on anybody (at least not anybody who called).

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Fargis said...

So I'm sitting here thinking, "Mike has a blog? How did I not know about this?" But then I see you've only had it for a week and feel like less of a fool.

Nice run in that thing, sir. Very nice indeed.

1:40 AM  
Anonymous ZeKGB said...

Great run Mike, a birdie told me you played incredible.

2:17 AM  
Blogger MLG said...

that birdie got incredibly unbelievably vomit enducing unlucky. Nord played incredible as well.

2:17 AM  
Anonymous zekgb said...

I think the sick thing about poker is that if the board had come 22445 then Spiegelman could have said the same exact thing. What an wonderfully effed up way to make a living....

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home